domingo, 9 de janeiro de 2011

Courage is not the absence of fear...

This was the movie I felt like watching this week. The Princess Diaries is one of the books I used to read over and over (until I got too old to even stand Mia's many worries and complaints about life. Sorry. But I really loved it before!!). So the movie had a similar response here at home. I have to say I've watched it quite a lot since I bought it. And thankfully I'm still not done with it.
I mean, it really is quite silly and there are some scenes I'd rather not watched but it's still fun and a good way to spend a couple of hours.

And, well, it has the best cast!! Anne Hathaway is gorgeous, Mandy Moore is totally obnoxious as Lana, Hector Elizondo is great and Julie Andrews is... well, a queen. Absolutely born for the part.


Joe: This is between a waltz and a tango.
Mia: It's a wango?

Michael: Why me?
Mia: Because you saw me when I was invisible.

[running to catch up Mia and Michael]
Lilly: [screaming] WAIT FOR ME WAIT FOR ME!
[Two others teenagers stop, and look at her]
Lilly: Wait. Wait. No, not you - I don't even know you!

Mia: You'll never guess what Josh Bryant just asked me!
Michael: "Can I borrow a comb"?

Queen Clarisse Renaldi: Helen, if Amelia refuses to accept the throne, then Genovia will cease to exist as we know it.
Helen Thermopolis: So the future of your country is in the hands my 15-year-old?

Mia: Hey Joe? Can we park a block away from school? I really don't want to cause a riot with this hearse.
Joe: This is a non-riot hearse. And if it were a hearse there would be silence in the backseat.

Eduard Christoff Philippe GÈrard Renaldi, Prince of Genovia: Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgment that something is more important than fear. The brave may not live forever but the cautious do not live at all.

Joe: [speaking to Mia] Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent.
Share this quote

Queen Clarisse Renaldi: So, where are you taking me?
Mia: Well, uh, do you have any change?
Queen Clarisse Renaldi: No. It's not appropriate for royalty to jingle.
Mia: Okay, I'll get the change.
[cuts to a game arcade]


Yep, that's why I loove to watch it...

Nenhum comentário: